Colony Serie Kritik

I Had To Abandon My Policy On Watching Cancelled TV

Through the years I've followed a steadfast rule: Only watch complete television shows

That means no hopping onto new shows, no matter how enticing they sound, until they've reached their endpoint. By endpoint, I don't mean the season finale. I mean series finale. No exceptions. I became acclimated to this particular style of watching due to my impatience with shows that never get around to truly wrapping up their narratives. I'm looking at you, "Lost" and "The Killing." In my opinion, if you're not going to dedicate to telling a finite story on television, there's no point in watching it at all.

So what happened?

I caved. Specifically, I caved for "Manifest," which was unceremoniously canceled by NBC after three seasons. While I watched the first season as it aired, I was too busy with other things during its second season to keep up. Season 3, however, has an irresistible hook: It's the final season and, at long last, we're going to find out what the deal is with the passengers of Montego Air Flight 828 and why they all came back from a five-year time jump with no memory of where they'd been.

Before you judge me too harshly for breaking my own rule, let me assure you that my decision to tune into "Manifest" was well thought out. As a general rule, I'm all for finite stories on television. That's one thing that drew me to "Manifest" in the first place. I was immediately intrigued by the premise of the show, which follows a group of passengers who return home after their plane disappears for five years. I was also a big fan of the show's cast and I found the story to be very engaging and suspenseful. I knew that if the show were to be canceled, I would be disappointed. However, I also knew that the show's creators had a plan for the series and that if it were canceled, they would be able to wrap up the story in a way that would be satisfying for fans. That's ultimately what convinced me to go against my own rule and watch "Manifest" before it was finished. I'm so glad I did.


No comments :

Post a Comment